Charmaine McIntosh, Psy.D, R.P.
Registered Psychotherapist | Psychometrist | Coach-in-Training
Charmaine is the Director and Clinical Supervisor at Sojourn Coaching and Psychotherapy with 20 years of clinical experience. She provides coaching and psychotherapy to individuals from diverse and multicultural backgrounds. Charmaine provides individual, couples, family therapy to children, adolescents and adults, and she conduct psychological and psycho-educational assessments. In her career, she has done crisis intervention, trauma debriefings - critical incident stress management (CISM), corporate coaching and consultation, co-facilitated psycho-educational groups (teenagers mothers, children impacted by domestic violence, men who have abused their partners).
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology)
- Masters of Arts (Counselling Psychology)
- Bachelors of Science (Psychology)
- Trauma Psychotherapy Certificate
- CBT Bootcamp: Building Core Clinical Competencies
- TelePsychology Best Practices
- Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for Concurrent Mental Health and Substance Use Issues
- Art in Counselling Certificate
- Overcoming Low Self Esteem: A Transdiagnostic CBT Approach to Breaking the Cycle of Anxiety and Depression
- Certificates in Coaching
- Critical Incident Stress Management Certificates
Charmaine is committed to professional growth and development; therefore, she continues to expand her knowledge of treatment approaches and topics (i.e. cognitive-behaviour therapy, art, anxiety, depression, narrative therapy) by attending workshops, consultations and readings.
Charmaine is a member of the following organizations:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- Canadian Art Therapy Association (CATA)
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF)
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
- Ontario Society of Adlerian Psychology (ONSAP)
Supervision of Psychological Services: Supervision is provided by individuals who are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Depending on which service you are provided, the registered members will have access to your file and may provide guidance and feedback on the work that we do.