"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." ~ Maya Angelou
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a partnership (an alliance) between the Coach and the Individual in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the individual to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the personal, professional or spiritual growth and development through the implementation of strategies to reach identified goals. Through the coaching process, individuals can deep their learning, improve performance and enhance quality of life.
How do I know if I need Psychotherapy?
- You find that you are having difficulty managing your problems on your own
- You feel overwhelmed, stressed, sad, helpless
- Your level of stress and distress affect your tasks of life (family, interpersonal relationships, social interaction, work)
- You are experiencing emotional difficulties that interfere with you daily functioning
- You need additional support
What is Psychotherapy?
- A safe, supportive and confidential environment where you can explore your personal issues
- An opportunity to speak with a trained professional about your feelings and concerns
- A means of helping individuals and families to address and overcome challenges and struggles in life
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
No, you do not need to be referred by a medical doctor. Simply contact me and I can schedule your first appointment within a week, depending on our schedule.
How can psychotherapy help me?
- There are a number of benefits to engaging in psychotherapy such as support, developing or enhancing coping skills for issues as grief, relationship difficulties, stress management, depression, anxiety, problem-solving and the hassles of every day life.
- You can be provided with a new or different perspective on your challenges or problems and assist you in making movement towards a solution.
- You can benefit from psychotherapy if you are wiling to utilize the therapeutic process and put into action the things you have learned.
Some of the benefits include: personal awareness, gaining a better understanding of yourself and issues, finding resolutions to problems, developing skills and coping strategies, manage emotional difficulties such as anger, anxiety, depression, grief, stress, improve communication skills, change old behaviour patterns that have not been working in your life, learn new ways of solving problems and improve your self-confidence and self-esteem.
How many psychotherapy sessions will I need to attend?
The number of sessions attended is unique to the individual. It will vary depends on your personal issue and the goals that have been established for therapy. Some people may feel the need to attend sessions on a weekly basis while other would prefer to attend on a bi-weekly basis. If you attend sessions weekly or bi-weekly you may start to see benefits sooner; however, if you attend sessions less frequently, it may take longer to see benefits. We can discuss which frequency works best for you and your schedule.
How long will I have to wait for my first appointment?
There is no wait list, so you will be contacted within 48 hours to schedule your first appointment within approximately one week.
How do I make an appointment?
You can call (416) 258-8441 or schedule online through the CLIENT PORTAL.