"All human behaviour has a purpose." ~ Alfred Adler
Charmaine McIntosh, Psy.D, R.P.
Charmaine is the Director and Clinical Supervisor at McIntosh Psychotherapy and Assessment Group with 17 years of clinical experience. She provides psychotherapy to children, adolescents and adults from diverse and multicultural backgrounds who present with a wide variety of challenges and difficulties. In her career, Charmaine has provided individual, couples and family therapy, crisis intervention, trauma debriefings as part of critical incident stress management (CISM), corporate coaching and consultation, co-facilitated psycho-educational groups with teenage mothers, children who have been impacted by woman abuse and men who have abused their partners, conducted assessments pertaining to adoptions, criminal injuries compensation, motor-vehicle accidents, long-term disability, workplace injuries and incarcerated offenders as well as educational assessments.
- Doctor of Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Counselling
- Bachelors of Science
- Trauma Therapy Certificate
Charmaine is committed to professional growth and development; therefore, she continues to expand her knowledge of treatment approaches and topics (i.e. cognitive-behavioural, ADHD, anger, anxiety, depression) through continuing education by attending workshops and seminars as well as consultations and readings.
Charmaine is a member of the following organizations:
- American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- American Counselling Association (ACA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF)
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
- Ontario Psychological Association (OPA)
- Ontario Society of Adlerian Psychology (ONSAP)
Supervision of Services: Supervision is provied by individuals who are members of the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Depending on which service you are provided, the registered members will have access to your file and may provide guidance and feedback on the work that we do.