“Meanings are not determined by situations, but we determine ourselves by the meanings we give to situations.” ~ Alfred Adler
I strive to ...
- provide counselling and assessment services to individuals in the community
- provide services in an affordable and timely manner
I believe ...
- in providing a safe, confidential and non-judgmental therapy environment where individuals can achieve self disclosure, self expression and self exploration with understanding, support and respect
- in building a collaborative therapeutic alliance with clients to facilitate effective achievement of goals and service
- that each person is unique, so it is important to create a treatment plan specific to the individual’s challenges and needs
- in a holistic approach that incorporates all aspects of the individual - psychological, social, emotional, physical and spiritual
- in the commitment to provide services to multicultural and diverse clients (ethnicity, culture, gender, age, religion, abilities) where they can feel heard, valued and a sense of belonging
- in being ethical and professional in the counselling and assessments services that is provided to the community
People are holistic beings and socially embedded within a social framework. We are social being with the goal of belonging and making a contribution to our community and society. We shape our own destiny by being active, not passive participation in our lives and by what we choose to learn. Our behaviour is goal directed, and our subjective view influences how we interpret events in our lives. It is not what happens, but how one deals with it.
September 10 - World Suicide Prevention Day